Tuesday 26 July 2011

NHS MARCH - PART 1 - MID 80'S

Yes I know, there are a lot of photos to scroll through and I could have just plucked out a selected few to display instead, but I decided to post the whole caboodle because I reckon the people who crop up in them will not have seen them before, so thought I'd use this opportunity to include all the images I have for the participants and their families to see.
This NHS march was an "anti privatisation" protest that took place around 1986ish.
It starts off with the great gathering up at Dudhope Park (the DRI was still on the go back then) then from the Pleasance Bar on the corner of Gardeners Lane it snakes its way down Lochee Road heading for the city centre.
It was a good natured march with nurses leading the way, followed by fellow workers, unionists and family members. Even the police are smiling!
Some of the placards and banners are from the like of COHSE - NALGO - NUPE - TGWU etc...with a few home-maders too.
I will be putting a similar quantity up again tomorrow, so if you don't spot anyone you know in this bundle, perhaps you may have better luck with the second set.
To view the large versions, just give the pictures a click.
Photos by The Bear.

1 comment:

  1. My late mum is in a couple of the photos… nurse COHSE. ❤️

    ReplyDelete