Friday 10 April 2009

QUEEN - CAIRD HALL REVIEW - 1975

I have already mentioned the Queen gig at the Caird Hall in my December 2008 Archives, which also includes an audio clip from the show.
Here is the review of the concert that appeared in the Courier on Monday 15th December 1975.
The band were on a crest of a wave at the time, having released the most expensive album ever recorded "A Night At The Opera", as well as being at No1 in the singles chart with "Bohemian Rhapsody", and the write-up reflects the success they were having that year.
There is also a word about the support act, Mr Big, who I forgot all about until I read this. I do recall the band had pop chart hits a couple of years later around 1977/78, "Romeo", being one.
You'll probably need to click onto the image to read it better on the large version.

2 comments:

  1. Spooky, was just talking about that gig today. I was no Queen fan at the time but went along to the gig anyway. Distinctly remember the start with the lights down, the dry ice and mercury appearing all in white to Bohemian Rhapsody. One of the best gigs I've seen. A band at the height of their power, you don't often see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum sat and had a drink with the band in the Angus Hotel after the gig. I've still got their autographs on the back of an hotel menu!

    ReplyDelete