Thursday 19 March 2009

CORAL STAR - UNDER THE 2 BRIDGES - 1985

In the summer of 1985, they began organising boat trips up & down the Tay. The folk behind this venture were Seaforth Hotel proprietors, Mr & Mrs Mann. The boat was called Coral Star and the cruise was titled "Under the two bridges". The boat left from Broughty Ferry harbour and went down the Dundee side of the Tay up to about Inchture where it turned around and came back up along the Fife side. A nice wee journey. The trips only lasted that one summer in 85, May to September.
Me and my brother went on one. He had his camera with him that day and took a few snaps.
I've stitched some of them together into a short slide-show below.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember this ... I was part of a group of Carlogie Primary school pupils who undertook this as part of a school trip on the rainiest, coldest day I can ever remember. I believe it was the first time I'd ever tasted coffee - I needed it to warm me up, even though it was the beginning of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the oil platform close to the Road Bridge actively operating ? I've seen rigs in for maintenance in the docks many times, but never actually in the middle of the estuary.

    ReplyDelete